Reducing Cardiovascular Risk With Effective Management Of LDL Cholesterol - A Roundtable Discussion
Please note: This course is not available to residents of the US.
This roundtable is designed to provide clinicians with a better understanding of the long-term CV risks of LDL-C exposure. In addition to reviewing the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and assessing the long-term implications of elevated LDL-C, this meeting will consider current guidance around controlling LDL-C, the challenges in achieving LDL-C targets, and evaluating how emerging strategies are contributing to LDL-C management.
Each chapter will comprise of a short presentation by the named medical expert followed by a panel discussion amongst all faculty.
This programme is intended to educate:
- Healthcare professionals
- General cardiologists
This course is not available to residents of the US.
- Outline the pathogenic nature and clinical risk of extended exposure to elevated LDL-C
- Describe the clinical challenges in achieving guidance-based LDL-C goals
- Compare and contrast LDL-C lowering therapies
This medical experts round table discussion was organised independently by Radcliffe Cardiology, work that was funded by Novartis. It is intended for healthcare professionals as medical educational material, and may include data/information on investigational uses of compounds/drugs that have not yet been approved by regulatory authorities.
R-CME Disclaimer / Terms & Conditions
Radcliffe Education requires contributors to our IME programmes to disclose any relevant financial relationships that have occurred within the past 12 months that could create a conflict of interest. These will be identified in the faculty section if applicable.
This medical experts roundtable discussion was organised independently by Radcliffe Cardiology and has been funded by Novartis. It is intended for healthcare professional as medical educational material and may include data/information on investigational uses of compounds/drugs that have not yet been approved by regulatory authorities.
- Welcome and Introductions – All
- The role of long-term exposure to elevated LDL-C in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis and clinical risk - Lale Tokgözoglu
- Current approaches to controlling LDL-C: what do the guidelines say? - Christie Ballantyne
- Challenges in achieving guideline-based LDL-C targets in the real world - Kausik (Kosh) Ray
- Contemporary approaches to managing LDL-C and CV risk - Wolfgang Koenig
- Summary - All
Dr Christie Ballantyne Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, US
Prof Wolfgang Koenig Technical University of Munich, Munich, DE
Prof Kausik (Kosh) Ray Imperial College London, London, UK
Dr Lale Tokgözoglu Haceteppe University, Ankara, Turkey
This content is not accredited for CME.