Transcatheter Interventions Online - Session 2.1: Strategies for Calcified Coronary Lesions Anno 2022
In this session, part of Transcatheter Interventions Online 2022 – Strategies for Calcified Coronary Lesions Anno 2022, the faculty provide an update on Invasive Imaging Appraisal of Dedicated Calcium Modification Techniques and Toolbox to Treat Calcified CAD, with further insights provided by an international panel.
Transcatheter Interventions Online (TIO) aims to educate interventionalists and allied healthcare professionals on the practical implications of the latest clinical data, device selection, and procedural strategies impacting optimum patient care. To further illustrate this, the event will feature a number of practical demonstrations in the form of live cases broadcast from cardiovascular centers of excellence globally, interspersed with presentations and debate sessions.
This programme is intended to educate:
Cardiologists, interventionalists and surgeons who are involved and/or interested in transcatheter treatment strategies for coronary and structural heart disease, and interventional cardiology nurses.
The overall programme, Transcatheter Interventions Online 2022, endeavours to best address the following learning objectives:
- Describe the practical implications of TAVI in the context of coronary artery disease, atrioventricular valve disease and transcatheter heart valve degeneration
- Select appropriate tools for calcified coronary artery disease, including mechanical circulatory support and invasive imaging techniques
- Understand coronary physiology, novel recanalization and goal-oriented planning for chronic total occlusion
- Evaluate the role of novel oral anticoagulants in transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Discuss the need for gender-specific trials and renal denervation
In compliance with EBAC / EACCME guidelines, all speakers/chairpersons participating in this programme have disclosed or indicated potential conflicts of interest which might cause a bias in the presentations.
The Organising Committee/Course Director is responsible for ensuring that all potential conflicts of interest relevant to the event are declared to the audience prior to the CME activities.
This programme is supported by unrestricted educational grants from the following companies. The scientific programme has not been influenced in any way by the sponsors:
R-CME DISCLAIMER / TERMS & CONDITIONS
Radcliffe Education requires contributors to our CME programmes to disclose any relevant financial relationships that have occurred within the past 12 months that could create a conflict of interest. These will be identified in the faculty section if applicable.
The session of ‘Transcatheter Interventions Online 2022 - Strategies for Calcified Coronary Lesions Anno 2022 is accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) for 1 hour of external CME credits.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that have actually been spent in the educational activity. EBAC works according to the quality standards of the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME), which is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
Through an agreement between the European Board for Accreditation in Continuing Education for Health Professionals (EBAC) and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EBAC External CME credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EBAC credit to AMA credit can be found on the AMA website.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTICIPANTS
There is no fee for taking part in this online learning activity.
Activities are designed to be completed within 60 minutes and must be completed by the registered user. Physicians should only claim credits for time spent on the activity. To successfully earn credit, participants must complete the activity in full in the indicated time frame.
To complete the course and claim certification participants must:
- Read the course outline information supplied and complete pre-test questions if supplied prior to starting the activity. Users must read and study the activity in its entirety before completing the post-test questions.
- Your results will be automatically saved and if a pass score is achieved (where applicable), you may be eligible to claim credit for the activity and receive a certificate of completion.
Invasive Imaging Appraisal of Dedicated Calcium Modification Techniques - Joost Daemen
Toolbox to Treat Calcified CAD – Azeem Latib
Multi Vessel PCI (Complete Multi Vessel: Staged or Adhoc Complete Revascularization) - Didier Tchétché
Dr Ajay Kirtane
Dr Azeem Latib, Montefiore Medical Center, US
Dr Margaret McEntegart, New-York Presbyterian, US
Dr Joost Daemen, Eramsus MC, NL
Dr Didier Tchetche, Clinique Pasteur, FR
- 1.00 European Board for Accreditation in Cardiology (EBAC)